Monday, October 29, 2007

Cute hats for a good cause

Back from a busy weekend! Actually, I spent much of my weekend trying to learn more about this blogging business and darnit! It sucks me in !!! Every time!!! It can be addicting and I have to make myself stop at times. The laundry has to get done some times!

I also spent a big part of my weekend getting work done for my website!!! YEAH!!!!! I have had the worst experiences with having a website designed. This is the third try for me and I am using a very reputable company called Lightning Bug Designs. This time I know it will be a good experience and I am very excited! Please check back often so that you can celebrate this very exciting experience with me!

As far as my preemie knitting is coming along, I am having so much fun! Each hat takes about an hour and a half and I am making it up as I go along. I love those kinds of projects because I can make one a day and try all different ideas out. Some of the designs take a little longer because I am making hats that I have no instructions for. I look at the directions for children's hat and improvise. Usually, it works out and I write down my steps. I am hoping to create updated, colorful hats for these babies. All of my research turned up only traditional style hats and I thought about the smile it would put on a parent's face to see their tiny, precious baby in a FUN hat! Smiles can go a long way at a time like that and it would fill my heart to be a part of that moment. If you have any ideas or would like to participate in this cause,PLEASE, let me know. In my research, I found that there is a huge need for these hats. Who knew? I sure didn't. I thought that it was just a nice thing to do.

Back to my jewelry. I am in love with the new hairpiece that I just made. It is made with sterling wire, pearls, swarovski crystal, and gorgeous quartz crystal beads. I truly love the quartz beads that I use. The quality is pure and the shapes are different from swarovski beads. I adore the quality of swarovski, but this line of quartz that I use allows me to create pieces that look different from the usual wedding pieces. This is something that I am very proud of and am excited about.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Lisa, that top hat is adorable! My daughter is 18 months and just now starting to leave hats on! I just got back into town and added your link to my blog. I feel you on the website issues too I had the brilliant idea I could figure it out on my own though.(maybe one day it will be finished:) )

LStone said...

Cynthia,

Thanks for the link! Please let me know if I can link to you! Good luck with the website. It is hard work!
Lisa

Erin said...

Oh my...those preemie hats are DARLING!!!!