Friday, October 12, 2007

Here we go!!!

I figure that now is as good a time as any! I put waaayyy too much thought into everything I do. The computer can be dangerous for me. I research the heck out of everything...to the point that I sometimes don't ever get to carrying out what I was originally setting out to do!!! Who out there has this problem? A few of you I bet!

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and my company. My name is Lisa Stone and I design and craft sterling and semi-precious jewelry. L. Stone Designs came about as I attempted to follow my creative energies as a stay-at-home mom. My children are a bit older now (my oldest is in his senior year) and I am antsy to get my business of five years really hopping. My husband whole heartedly agrees!!!

I am completely self-taught. Of that, I am proud. Originally, my hands were kept busy with knitting needles, but I couldn't find a way to make a living from that, so I began to search for a medium that I thought would be more lucrative. I feel blessed to have discovered the art of jewelry making and only hope to learn so much more as I continue on in this journey. The knitting has not subsided by the way! I am just as passionate about my knitting needles as I am my needle-nose pliers!

I plan on blogging about both of my passions, as well as whatever else seems important at the moment. I will try to keep it up-beat and interesting. My goal is to share my journey with whomever is willing to come along for the ride! I would love to gain new friendships along the way!




No comments: