Thursday, October 18, 2007

This is fun!





Knitting to me is like your morning cup of coffee. I usually start my day with a few rows just to gather my thoughts. It is comforting and quiet and I couldn't imagine starting the day any other way. Today, as I was casting on my 35 stitches to begin another square for my son's college blankie, I was drawn in to a beautiful story about strength and courage and determination. It was the story of Hoda Kotb and her experience with fighting breast cancer. Hoda is on The Today Show's 4th hour. I want to say how much I learned in that 10 minute clip. I saw strength like I have never seen. I saw what the power of positive thinking looks like. And I saw what true friendship looks like as she was being interviewed by Ann Curry, one of my heroes. Thank you for your insight Hoda.

I am having a lot of fun with my blog! It is so invigorating to be able to post what I want to say without being interrupted! I feel free to say what I want and it is fun!!! I want to tell you a bit more about my jewelry. I am working on expanding my bridal line, but it is not all that I do. I design fashion jewelry and LOVE what I do. I design children's jewelry as well. I have always been mesmerized by jewelry and stones. I even married a Stone! My parents always used to warn me that I would bump into things if I didn't learn to look up when I walked! I used to look at the ground in hopes of coming across a treasure. You never know what you may find!

No comments: