Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to work! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Mine was quiet as my family was scattered. But I thoroughly enjoyed cooking with my Jake, visiting with my mother-in-law, and enjoying my son Josh and his girlfriend. We were all together and for that I am grateful.

My husband, Ira, is a wonderful cook. He loves to try fancy projects and 99% of the time, he has amazing results! This Thanksgiving, he decided to make a ham. Being that we are jewish, we haven't made all that many hams... lots of chicken soup and matzah balls, but very few hams! He loves ham and so he bought all the wonderful ingredients and set about his dish. I wanted to show off his amazing results! Here is the before and after:
Before
Daddy's Thanksgiving 07 01
After
Thanksgiving 07 01

We also made all the usual and the turkey came out just perfectly! I also had great luck with my pies this year! I have a thing with pie crusts and it is not good. I tried Martha's perfect pie crust and it really is doable and perfect! It really was so easy to do. Forget the store bought kind. I was actually so happy with the results that I took a picture! This blog thing is really fun! I never thought of taking pictures of my pies before!!!
One perfect looking pie

2 comments:

Bel Bacio Jewelry said...

Wow!! That pie looks perfect and really really yummy!

LStone said...

Thanks for the compliment!