Monday, November 5, 2007

Spamalot for the boys

Well, I didn't get to go shopping as planned, but I had a wonderful evening anyway! I even got to take some pictures to share with you. I am so lucky to be able to go to Manhattan as often as I like. It is about 1 hour by car and we go in at least 5 or 6 times a year. This time, my mother-in-law was so generous as to buy my two boys tickets to see Spamalot on Broadway. It has been a tough two years for her and to see her enjoy this night with us to such abandonment was a wonderful feeling.

We had a yummy dinner at Juniors, famous for their cheesecake, and then she and the boys attended the play. My husband and I had a few hours to walk around and enjoy the gorgeous weather. We walked over to Bryant Park, my favorite part of the city, and saw that the skating rink had been constructed for the season. I was so excited! We sat and people watched. It was so refreshing to see so many people having such a fun time with their loved ones and family and friends! So many smiles. It was like we were on vacation.

As we sat and enjoyed, we received a text from Josh saying they were having a blast! I was so excited for them. You never know how boys are going to like a play! The funny part of this story is that my husband bought us two tickets for the same play in February without the boys and my mother-in-law didn't even know it at the time she bought her tickets! My boys were so disappointed when we only bought two! Grandma pulled through in a big way! And it really paid off! They can't wait for us to go now! Me either. My favorite person is going to be starring in it!!!
Here is a shot of the famous Times Square in all it's glory. Enjoy.

1 comment:

msbelle said...

Oh, how I love Monty Python!

Thanks for the comment on my Flickr. I thought I'd come visit you here and say hi! :)