Friday, November 30, 2007

Zencart, Templates, Photos, Oh My!!

I'm going to give a quick hello! I am working day and night to get my website completed. I had NO idea that it would be this much work! No complaints, just surprised! I have been entering information into zencart for what seems like days at a time. I guess that means that I have lots of choices to offer. "That is good." I keep telling myself. I get a little frustrated because when I take a peek, I wish I had the foresight to take my pictures differently. I want them all to match each other as well as the site. The picture taking was happening gradually with no idea about the website so I have to remember to give myself a break and realize that I can change things as I move forward.

That being said...I LOVE MY SITE!!!! I have to admit that I had no idea what I was getting in to when I signed up. I didn't realize some of what I was buying when I signed on with Lightning Bug Designs. They are wonderful with a capitol "W"! I have learned so much and Leila has put up with so much of my nitpicking! Or maybe I just know what I want. Anyway, she always obliged.

I did not know what zencart was. I didn't realize that templates played such a large role in dictating my website. I worked around it, but I do feel like the product page looks very "all over the place". There is no cohesion to the template. I feel like all of the details are just thrown on the page. Leila worked with me to get it as best as we can without going into a lot of custom charges. That is what I wasn't aware of before hand. I thought all of the pages were going to be customized, not just the first page.

Anyway, I do love my website and I highly recommend working with LBD. They got me through something that I never thought would happen! Thank you Leila and Lauren!