Friday, December 14, 2007

Fingerless gloves

I always wanted to knit a pair of fingerless glove. Here on Long Island, it gets very cold. Having kids to tote around, I never had the patience to wear gloves. I couldn't feel what I was doing and so I couldn't be bothered! You know how it is..."Boys. PUT YOUR GLOVES ON THIS MINUTE. IT IS FREEZING OUT!" And then you run out with no coat on yourself!

When I realized that I could use gloves AND feel what I was doing, I went right to knitting myself a pair! I love them and they really suit my needs! I highly recommend them.

Fingerless gloves

I actually made these from my own design. I like to challenge myself with designing my own patterns. I can't create complicated patterns, but I am able to copy shapes of other pieces. I made these with scraps of leftovers. The arm part is chenille yarn while the pattern and hand part is wool. I wanted the arm parts to be long so that they covered my arm up under my coat sleeve!

Tomorrow, I have a craft show to do at Josh's high school. I haven't done one in awhile. I don't usually sell much because people are generally looking for $5 items, but I need to start working more and I figured that this would be a good place to start. I'll let you know how it went!

2 comments:

sommerdesigns said...

Wow - I love these! Great colors and pattern. I can't believe you didn't use a pattern! Nice job!

Annie said...

I love the color combinations in these mitts.
Re: digi scrapping...yes a beginner can learn how to do it. It takes patience and time and it's another addictive hobby!!! that husbands sometimes have a hard time understanding :)
email me at my blog if you want more info.