Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Geneseo bound!!!!

The holiday season has brought our family a wonderful gift! My oldest son, Joshua, has been accepted to the college of his choice! And to make it even more of an accomplishment, he was accepted on early admission! He will be going to Geneseo in upstate NY. He is beaming, as are we!! We are so very proud of him. He put his mind to this accomplishment and made it happen.

Got in04

Got in01

Josh has always been a great student and when he decided to look into Geneseo, my only opinion of the school was that it was going to be VERY cold and far away. After researching and visiting this beautiful school, I, too, fell in love with it. This college is extremely competitive and very highly thought of. Not many of the applicants are accepted. My Josh was though!

Got in02


So, we went out for dinner to celebrate and I made sure to tell everyone that I could! We had lots of fun. And my mother-in-law and I tried to take it all in.

Then, I went to bed and reality started to set in. I began, for the first time, to really realize that my baby is going to go away. I was up all night thinking. I am feeling so happy for him, but I don't know how I am going to deal with it. I know that all parents have to deal with this, but I really I guess I will concentrate on the time we still have left and worry about next September in August! Who am I kidding?!!

I better get going with knitting his blanket! I have been making him a great heavy "college blanket". I have been knitting for so long and my boys have never let me make them anything! I have always been so disappointed about that! But now Josh has an interest and he picked out the colors. I've been working on it here and there knowing that I had time. Now, the time is coming closer!. He told me to get going with it! Off to get my project started!

Josh's college blankie

Josh's blankie

1 comment:

msbelle said...

Oh, I know you must be apprehensive to see him go. Mine is just going to be 6 next week so I have a ways to go before he hits college. But when he entered kindergarten I felt much the same way. He didn't even look back that very first day. I got all choked up. I wish you luck and strength when the time comes!