Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lightning Bug Designs

I wanted to take some time to officially thank Leila and Lauren of Lightning Bug Designs for their tireless work in creating my long awaited website! Before I signed on to have them build me a site, I researched endlessly to find a reputable company. I had been very disappointed by two other web designers who really knew nothing about working with people. At the time, I was very let down by their lack of dedication and enthusiasm, but looking back, I realize how lucky I really was!

LBD runs their company with extreme professionalism. I have never experienced a business that performs with such competence and organization! It was a pleasure to do business with them and I wanted to share that with you!

My website was developed using a template based program called Zen Cart. Not knowing what zen cart even was, put me in quite a bind! My friends at The Switchboards all highly recommended LBD. I trusted their word and dove right in, attaining a start date. I had one problem. My assumed understanding of the process was nothing like what was actually about to happen! I guess I should have researched zen cart beforehand. I thought that zc was the shopping cart part of my site. I spent so much time just trying to decipher the information that was coming my way! It was like taking a college course! I feel sorry for Leila, but thank goodness, she held my hand and led the way!

Looking back, I realize how lucky I am. In learning zc, I now have full reign over the day-to-day happenings of my site. Before, I would have had to hire my web designer to change every picture, every word, and every detail. That would have driven my crazy. I love the fact that I am free to update my pictures as better ones are available. And I am free to add merchandise as I want.

To my customers, please know that I am always working at bettering my computer abilities. There is so much more for me to learn about. Bear with me and thanks for taking this journey along with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!