Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Even Keel

So I took a few days off and I feel soooo much better! I guess I can get myself overwhelmed when I spend too much time surfing. It becomes "too much information" and I go into overload. I read so many success stories and compare everything to what I am trying to do. I realize that I can't do that. It is human nature to compare, but everyone's stories are different. I realize that I have to concentrate on MY story! I find that the internet is amazing for connecting with other people, but the more you connect and the more information you gain, the more you have to try and keep up with. It is up to me to keep everything on an even keel.

Chinook

I wanted to thank Mellisa from www.chinookjewelry.com for the mention on her blog. She has wonderful jewelry. She is also a very talented clay pendant designer. I just love the earthiness of her designs. There are wonderful colors to choose from and her pieces look like artifacts. Please visit her website and you will be as excited as I am. Here is a picture of a simple necklace that I designed to showcase the bead, itself. I love the sage green of the bead with the oxidized sterling bar chain. If you like this, I can make you one, too. Pick any bead from her site and it is yours!!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better about things. It takes a lot sometimes to let everything calm down around you, take a deep breath, and break on through. Good job!

Lisa Stone said...

You are so right! My breaths are very deep sometimes!

msbelle said...

I hear you about taking a few days off to just breathe and not think about jewelry. You get going down a path that seemingly starts to close in on you and you get going too fast or begin to stumble. I'm beginning to stumble now and need to step back and take a break. But then we'll both of us jump right back into it and it will happen all over again!!!

Lisa Stone said...

Well put!

Mellisa - Chinook Jewelry said...

A belated thanks for the mention on your blog as well! I appreciate the compliments :) As far as your bridal line...just hang in there, be persistent and it will pay off in the end your work is beautiful!