Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gimme girl time!

Ok. So It isn't easy being the only girl in a house full of boys! This isn't news to me. I have been living this for 20 years! Sometimes I am more aware of it than others. During baseball season, it is my life. My family eats and breathes baseball. We even plan our vacations around spring training! I have been to the Mets camp more times than I can remember! Don't get me wrong. I am so grateful for those experiences. The memories are incredible. But other times, I just long for some girly talk! The other day, my husband saw a knitting stitch counter that I had made. I used letter beads to spell out some knitting abbreviations. He looked at me slyly and smiled. "See," he said. "Here is proof that I really do listen to all your girly talk!" He pointed to the stitch holder that had PSSO and said, "That means pass slip stitch over! And that (CO) means cast on and that (BO) means bind off!" I belly laughed and realized how much I LOVE my boys! I wouldn't trade them for the world... I'm off to paint my nails ;)

Stitch holders


Stitch holders01

No comments: