Monday, March 24, 2008

Brioche Stitch and Tiny Needles

Hi! I hope you all had a nice Easter. My holiday is next month. It is weird when they fall out so far apart.

Since going on my vacation and them being in bed for all that time with my back problems, I have knitted quite a few preemie hats! They are great travel projects because they are so small. I also made a great find as far as knitting small things in the round is concerned! I don't know if you all knew about these, but there are double pointed needles that are 5"s long! I bought a set of them in the size I wanted (size 5) and they are perfect for socks and baby hats! I am going to purchase a few other sizes from www.yarnsandthreads.com as soon as I can. Talk about small projects that are easy to carry around!

I wanted to try some new stitches out on these hats. I gave the brioche stitch from Weekend Knitting, by Melanie Falick, a whirl and here is what I came up with:

Preemie hat04

Preemie hat05

I just love how the stitch highlights the two colors. This is a bit of an advanced stitch, so don't get too frustrated if you have trouble with it. I have been knitting for 20 years, and it gave me a bit of trouble. It is worth figuring out though...I think so at least!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love that Brioche stitch. I didn't know it existed. Now I'll have to check out that book and see if I can handle it :)