Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm BAAAACK!

Hi guys!

I'm so glad to say that I am actually able to sit! I have had such an awful four weeks. I mean, who goes to Hawaii and can't wait to get home? I really loved my trip, but unfortunately, I was in a lot of pain and couldn't relax and take it all in. I do have some really special memories though such as snorkling with the sea turtles and unbelievablely beautiful fish.

We also saw whales galore! It was so breathtaking that it brought tears to my eyes! We took a boat out to see them and they were everywhere! We were so close to them! A dolphin even joined in for some fun splashing us over and over again with her tail! I wanted nature. I got nature.

Hawaii '08 252

Hawaii '08 240

It was funny. As we toured the different beaches, we couldn't believe how tremendous and powerful the waves were until we visited the next one! Even the famous pipeline, where all the surfers go, was closed due to rough seas! It was mesmerizing. We visited black sand beaches, green sand beaches, red sand beaches, and white sand beaches. Each of them was more beautiful than the last. (Don't tell anyone, but I took home samples from each and they are so wonderful. Your not supposed to.) Shh....

Hawaii '08 075

Hawaii '08 085

I also pressed flowers everywhere I went! I carried a book with me and just stuck them in! I'm thinking creatively always!

We visited three Islands in two weeks. This was a lot of flying! And anyone who knows me, knows I don't like to fly. I'm proud to say, though, that 7 flights later, I am now over it! I could fly a plane myself if I needed to!

We also did some outrageous roads. And anyone who knows me, knows I don't like to be on the edge! We drove the road to Hana. This was probably my most favorite day. Pure beauty. But the road is treacherous. And true to form, my darling husband had us drive back at night! If I made it through that, I could make it through anything! And then there was the road to Haleakala. We drove up a volcano to 10,000ft. above sea level. Those are just numbers until you actually start climbing! Treacherous road #2! And again, we watched the sunset and then drove down! Really, it was an amazing event. We happen to be there to see a lunar eclipse. It was awe inspiring. I, of course was altitude sick and having incredible back pain. It was the 20th step that did me in! Thank goodness, pictures tell a thousand words. Here are pictures of the sun setting from over the clouds. We were way above the cloud line.

Hawaii '08 281

Hawaii '08 328



The other major event was Volcano National Park. By now, I wasn't very able to get around so the boys did much of the helicopter riding, lava flowing, crater hiking stuff without me. I was in bed at the bed and breakfast worrying how I was going to make it through three plane rides home. Somehow, I got home. And the rest was history.

Hawaii '08 475

Hawaii '08 451

Hawaii '08 464
I am so incredibly grateful for my husband's persistent planning and incredible insight of this trip. He worked so hard to make sure we knew all the best things to do down to the minutest detail. I love him for that and more!

3 comments:

CastoCreations said...

I so badly want to go back to Maui! Seeing the whales is something hubby and I want to do but we've always gone in the wrong season. Your photos are excellent. :)

Lisa Stone said...

casto-

Please make sure that you go! I have never been so entranced. The whales are everywhere and it is a one of a kind experience!

beakee said...

Oh lucky, lucky you! I'd love to visit Hawaii someday, if only just for the volcanic action. I think I'm a geek that way.