Saturday, March 22, 2008

Some of my collections.

My honey bought me these wire pieces yesterday and I thought that it was so nice of him. I just love wire baskets and things. Vintage pieces are great too. I have a nice collection of them. These are from Home Depot Expo in case anyone wants them, too. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't buy myself things very often. That is why it was so meaningful for him to surprise me with them. It's those little things in life that make me happy :D !!

Wire caddy

Wire trivet

While I was taking the pictures to share with you, I thought of making a theme for Fridays of "Things that make me happy!" I found myself walking around the house snapping photos of the different things that I have collected over the years. I am a collector of sorts. I like things that are vintage, like architectural salvage. I am drawn to things that had a previous life as something else. I collect crystal door knobs and white pottery. I LOVE things that have letters or words on them. I also love things such as old shutters and metal tins. I'll elaborate more each week. Here are a few letters and words that I have gathered.

DSC04026

DSC04025

DSC04024

This week, I wanted to share a cool collection I recently thought of having. As you know, we went to Hawaii a few weeks ago. One of the exciting activities that we planned to do was to visit many different beaches. We read beforehand that there were various beaches that each had different colored sands. I bottled samples from each beach and it is so pretty to see. This picture shows sand from a black sand beach - the sand was created from lava, a red sand beach - the sand was also created from lava. We went to a green sand beach - olivine is responsible for the green sand. We also saw beige sand beaches. I just love the memories that it brings back! I highly recommend this!

Sand collection

1 comment:

beakee said...

Oh wow, I love all the different sand in the jars! It's totally what I would've done myself :)))