Friday, April 18, 2008

A Different Line of Jewelry

It has been a few weeks since I last wrote. I needed some time off from blogging. I was starting to get frustrated with it. It really is a lot of work! I actually like keeping a blog, but I don’t feel very successful at it. I started paying too much attention to the social aspect of it, or lack thereof! Truth is, when I began to blog, I was aware that it was for myself. I knew that there was going to be very little feedback, but I found that other people got comments and I started to resent that I didn’t. Well, I’m over myself and ready to go! Comments or not, I will share the trials and tribulations of a hard working, clueless businesswoman who absolutely loves what she does and MUST continue to create! So there you have it!

To keep you up to date with my jewelry making, I am off in a different direction, for the time being. I first got the bug for this line when I came across Aloha Beads at the Bead Show. I was drawn in by the wonderful array of creamy pastel glass beads. They actually look like candy! I had begun to notice that Czech glass was making its way all over Etsy. I have always loved glass, but didn’t know how to incorporate it in my creative style. When I saw the mounds of Czech glass flowers and leaves and beads of all shapes, I had to buy some. I had no idea what I would do with them, but I bought them anyway, This is what beaders do. Well, I took them home and figured out exactly what to do with them! I am incorporating them into my own style and loving it! This line is created with antiqued brass. Wirewrapping is a very important element of what I do and I found that with a little tweaking here and there, I can create very similar jewelry as I have been, but with a vintage flair. This jewelry is more romantic looking. I LOVE me some vintage! My home is full of vintage. It is my personal style, so this suites me perfectly! And it is less expensive to produce. The same amount of time goes into creating this jewelry, but brass is a fraction of what sterling costs.

I hope you will find it more appealing to your pocketbook, and therefore, will be able to buy my pieces more readily. I am working hard to create less expensive, yet well made jewelry. As usual, I don’t use jump rings, so you won’t be sending my jewelry back for repair. Jump rings have a way of always opening and pieces fall off. That is why I wirewrap. It creates a secure closure. Please remember these details when you make a purchase. You get what you pay for. As soon as I get some pictures taken, I will post them. This line will be sold through both my Etsy shop as well as my website. Please stop by and take a peak. Mother’s Day is just around the corner and I know a few mothers who would love this gift!

2 comments:

beakee said...

Hi Lisa! Yes I remember you, thanks for stopping by my blog. It started out long ago basically for myself and a select few friends and had nothing to do with crafting, so I didn't publicise the url until recently. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you too, and your new brass jewellery :)

Ivory bridal shoes said...

Your new line is beautiful!