Thursday, May 8, 2008

Faith Has Conquered Fear...On My Way Here

I have to share with you all a song that I have fallen in love with. I've posted before that I enjoy me some Clay Aiken! I don't walk around talking about this usually (well, my husband hears more than he would like! ;) ), but basically, I enjoy his voice and his message immensely. He just released a new album and I can't get enough of his cover song titled On My Way Here. The words are very meaningful to me and I wish that everyone would hear it. It is so frustrating that the radio doesn't play his music. It is just wrong. Everything is about the buck.

Anyway, the song was written for him specifically for this album and it tells about a young boy who goes through many experiences, both good and terrible, and how, as he grows, he has learned to prevail. There are so many lines that give me the chills. I can relate to so much of this story and how you "need to learn to fly and how you have to want to leave the ground...faith has conquered fear...I wouldn't change what I've been through...I've been loved...I'd rather try and fail a thousand times denied at least whenever you feel pain it lets you know that you're alive..." These are my favorite lines. I will be referring back to this post often, because I am trying to learn all of this myself, both in my personal life and my business life, which, by the way, is conjoined.And in addition, my oldest son is almost 18 and on his way to college. It all feels very interconnected.

On to other topics! I finished the blanket I was knitting. I'm happy with it. It is very scrappy/handmade looking which is different than what I usually make. It was fun.

pretty stuff 090

And I couldn't resist my cutie, Maggie. The lion pillow was bought for my toddlers 12 years ago and Maggie claimed it. I have always thought it was the cutest thing!

Maggie girl!

1 comment:

shyan kashyap said...

your dog is the cutest thing!