Monday, July 27, 2009

Random Act of Kindness

It is amazing to me how the kindness of another person can make you feel so wonderful. Today, I was the recipient of a Random Act of Kindness! And I must admit that I feel giddy like a little girl! And better yet, it came on my birthday!

C. Gail Designs
Tiny Shinies hand forged by C. Gail Designs

A few years ago, I decided to introduce myself to a woman who seemed to have so much in common with me. Through her pictures, I could tell that we had so many of the same interests. We both create jewelry, we love flowers and family and knitting. We were both trying to grow our businesses and we both seemed to have the same insecurities as well! We became fast friends and have followed each other ever since. I am so grateful for her friendship and although I don't always leave messages on her blog, I always stay close to her writings about her experiences.

Thank you so much Candace, for thinking of me. I promise that I will pass this act on to someone who will appreciate it as much as I do! I have always been a great fan of Random Acts of Kindness and I wish more people would think this way. In fact, I challenge you all to participate. Think of someone who is in need of a smile and give them a reason. Come back and tell me what you did!

3 comments:

Candace said...

Yay, you got your pretties....I thought you would like them for their simplicity! It was my pleasure passing this act of kindness on to someone as special as you.

Happy birthday!!!

Lisa Stone said...

Candace, you just have a way of making me feel so special. You are a kind soul. {KISSES & HUGS}

SugarBelle's said...

I am a thinker. I think too much. When my mind is idle, it can run toward negativity. I just worry about the world, people, Hollywood, a generation with no skills, and substance who care only for themselves. Then, I am reminded. I am reminded that I am not the only one out there wanting to make the world a better place. I am not the only one out there who is willing and likes to share and help. There are others and I am glad. I am glad for good caring hearts and people who enjoy being kind. I am glad for friends! YOu have been on my mind today Lisa, hope things are good!