Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Some Piping Practice Today

Every time I get these feelings off my chest, I feel really stupid the next day. But I am going to chock it up to the hormones...and good ole stress.

I made sure to have a resourceful day today. I found a recipe for candy clay posted by Meaghan Mountford of The Decorated Cookie and played around with it. The clay is supposed to be a substitute for fondant so I gave it a try. The results weren't perfect. It dried out very quickly on me and tended to crack, but I am a beginner and I'm sure that with practice, it would be better. I cut out some flowers to start. Pardon the picture.

candy clay

I also began working on piping. I am just getting used to achieving the right consistency of icing. My black was too thick and I adjusted the other colors as I mixed them. I figure out a lot today so I feel good. I'll post pictures, but being the perfectionist that I am, it is difficult! Actually, I feel like there is hope. I need to practice my details though ;)

What do You think for the second time ever?!?

760

771

769

767 - Copy (2)

4 comments:

jennifer said...

they look adorable + scrumptious!

Lisa Stone said...

Thanks Jennifer! I am enjoying learning a new art! I have a long way to go to get where I want to be, but this is so much fun in the meantime!

SweetAmbs said...

Those are so cute!

Ivory bridal shoes said...

Wow, these are fantastic! I love the wedding one!