Monday, July 13, 2009

Warning...My Head Is Spinning!

I have been feeling really happy and content lately, but that hasn't been the case for the past few days. I am struggling with my direction and I am a person who needs a definite plan. I have always followed my intuition, but lately, it took a vacation.

The problem is that I have tried so many different venues, so many paths. I am so feeling the need to be successful with something. Don't worry. I feel accomplished at my art, but until people actually want them, I don't feel successful. That is the truth. You can't be a successful business unless you share your wares with others.

I am having so much turmoil inside, because I know that I can't keep trying new things anymore. It has driven my family crazy. I think that they don't take anything seriously anymore. How can they when I don't know which way to go either? I am serious about my baking. I have worked so hard to hone my products. I am just dragging my feet because I don't really know the next step. When you don't have a shop, how do you get your name out there?

And now, I am obsessed with making decorated cookies. My husband doesn't think it is the way to go. He says to do what I know. He is usually right, but I so strongly feel that decorated cookies draw attention and I need something to draw attention. Desperately. I have a whole idea in my head and have only made one batch of very silly looking cookies. I have spent so much time in the past few weeks reading and reading and reading, that I feel like I know I can learn quickly. I already have the baking part down pat and I felt very comfortable with the icing. I just have to design properly for it all to look right. Is my head in the clouds again? Am I just ridiculous for trying yet another "idea"? Or do I follow my instincts? One part of me says that success only comes when you try enough, but another part is getting ashamed. I need to work. I need to contribute.

PBchocswirl bar05

PBchocswirl bar07

So much for my rant. On a brighter note, I baked these delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl bars. They can be found, along with many other amazing varieties at my etsy shop. Take a look!

PBchocswirl bar09

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa . . . oh my goodness you are so much like me. It is so hard to know which direction to take when you have so many ideas. Don't worry, I have 4 books full of ideas. I'm not sure I've done any of them. It's the same with me as well that I change my mind a lot. I try not to tell my ideas to people anymore because I'm always changing my mind, but it's so hard not to talk to someone about it! If it makes you feel any better I think what I am meant to do is something I've never even tried before. I might be no good at it at all, but something tells me it's what I'm meant to do. So I'm taking a weekend workshop and fingers crossed my intuition is right. I really feel for you, but at least you know your're not alone!

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]seo blackhat[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood methods to generate an income online.