Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Bought Myself a Gift

I love organic, handmade jewelry. There is something about the unique style that makes me feel like it was made just for me. It seems to have a soul. And I am always all about soul.

il_155x125.74847374
Jewelry By Natsuko

I don't buy very much for myself, but once a year, for my birthday, I buy myself a piece of jewelry that I absolutely love. This year, I bought the prettiest little poppy charm from Jewelry By Natsuko on Etsy. Her work is so beautiful that I just had to have a piece! I am loving the depth of glass enamel and the variations of color that she achieves as she carefully applies layer after layer of crushed powdered glass to hand sawn copper discs. The coated metal is then fired to melt the powder into a smooth sheet of glass. It is an amazing process.

il_155x125.77494274

Please stop by her shop to view her beautiful work. You won't be sorry!

2 comments:

jewelrybynatsuko said...

Hi Lisa:) Thank you so much for posting about my jewelry! I'm so happy that you enjoying your birthday charm:) and I can't wait for my cookies!!

Lisa Stone said...

It's my pleasure! Enjoy your treats!