Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pt. 2 - Make Your Own Cookie Cutters

Now that I have my apron stencil, I can proceed with making my favorite cookie dough. Rolling the dough out used to be my least favorite task. The thought of flour all over the place really makes me uptight, so I solved that problem by filling a small container that is used to sift sugar onto baked goods, with flour! It is the perfect tool and a MUST HAVE for me! Isn't this a great tip?! Now I control where the flour goes.



Roll out the dough and cut out the apron shape using an exacto knife or paring knife.



I bake my sugar cookies on a Silpat in the oven. I love that nothing sticks to this silicone sheet and everything bakes so evenly.



Decorating is the really fun part! I had seen an apron that sparked the original idea for this project on a great blog that I follow. Lindsey of The Pleated Poppy has so many really innovative and creative ideas. You should check her blog out! When I saw one of her aprons, I decided that it would look great as a cookie. Here is the final product!



I would love to see what you are making. Drop me a note!

No comments: