Thursday, April 22, 2010

Summer Fruits On My Mind

What a glorious day it is today! It has been wavering between spring and fall type weather here and I was beginning to lose my patience! Today is definitely SPRING!


One of my favorite things to do when baking, is to incorporate fresh, in season, fruits. Local fruits are not quite ready on Long Island, but the minute they are, I scoop them up. It is really important to me. The feeling I get from baking like this is like no other. Oh so domestic ;) Strawberries are just around the corner!!!

Anyway...I am itching to do some fresh fruit baking and so I was thinking of baking my delicious sugar cookie recipe, which always has freshly grated orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice in it, and instead of using it for cut out cookies, I will ice it with flavored royal icing. Yum! I am thinking of trying fresh oranges as my first choice. I have to get eggs (wish I had a hen!) and then I'll report back tomorrow with some pictures.

Meanwhile, check for these in my Etsy shop. I'll be adding them as a listing, as well as some lime meltaways, and other fresh fruit varieties. I'll be experimenting today!

2 comments:

Bea @ CancunCookies said...

Hi Lisa! Just found your blog through your Flickr photostream... what an artist you are! I'll come back often :)

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info