Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Fresh Start


I've been contemplating starting my blog again. There are a few reasons for this. I want to have a better way to get to know my customers. FaceBook is great, but I feel like I need a forum where I can express myself just a little bit more. I have come to realize that my company has grown {THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!} and that there is a need to connect in a way that FaceBook does not allow. I have also come to realize that I have sold myself short. I am not the kind of girl who is comfortable with strutting her accomplishments. But in keeping quiet, I realize that I have not allowed you all to know what is going on behind the scenes at The Cookie Jar. And because I am an impatient kind of person, please know that this format is bare bones. It will get prettier as time goes on! I'll work on that!

Ira and I {Ira is my other half for those of you who don't know} have worked extremely hard for the past 18 months and have grown our business from filling orders once in awhile to filling upwards of 7 or 8 orders a day. For two people, that is an unbelievable accomplishment! We have also taken on many wonderful requests for custom cookies that are used for professional photo shoots. We have been featured in prestigious blogs, such as Amy Atlas, Kate Landers, Tomkat Studios, Hostess With The Mostess, Pen and Paperflowers, One Charming Party, Kara's Party Ideas and more. My cookies have been featured in an HGTV.com article and we are even waiting on an incredible announcement having something to do with a national magazine! I can't wait until I am able to share!!!!

So you see that we have had many accomplishments that have gone by unmentioned. THAT is one of the biggest reasons to begin blogging once again. I am promising myself that I will learn to give credit where credit is due *wink*! I am not all "up" on the latest blogging techniques. I do not plan on having a fancy format. I am not looking to sell ad space or compete with the beautiful blogs that abound. I just want a place to get to know each other more and a place that feels like home. After all, that is who I am.

Please stop by often and leave a quick message. I will be here as often as possible. My goal is to blog at least twice a week. That is realistic, as I work 16 hour days and everyone needs a little sleep! Thanks for taking an interest and I look forward to sharing my thoughts and pictures of my orders as they are created and fly out of my bakery before I can even get a good photo!

12 comments:

Martha Wanna Be said...

YEAH!!!!! Glad to see your "fresh start". Love you Lisa and Ira!!!

Toni said...

Well, I am honored to be the first to comment! You know that us TomKat girls are your BIGGEST fans! We are thrilled to have watched you grow so much in the past several months. And you have every right to toot your own horn sista. You are uber talented!!!!

Fanciful Events said...

Lisa and Ira:

It has been a true pleasure working with you both and getting your beautiful and tasty creations for special occasions or just because! Congratulations on your growing success and great accomplishments and I look forward working with you in the future and being a part of this great network! I have met some wonderful people along the way and am so glad that you and Ira are one of them! Thank you so much for designing and creating such beautiful cookies! You have great talent and will only go further up!! Best of luck on this wonderful endeavor!!

Talk to you soon!

Hugs!

Suzanne
Fanciful Events

Cristin (Pinkie) said...

Your blog looks great Lisa! Glad to have you sharing! Thanks, Cristin http://cristinscookies.blogspot.com/

Pink Laundry Events said...

I truly enjoyed reading your blog post :) Can't wait to read future posts :)
xoxo
DeAnna
Pink Laundry Events

Amy said...

Love your cookies . . . Congrats on your much deserved success! :)

Paula {JustABiteDesserts.com} said...

Congrats on the new blog! Very pretty! Can't wait to see a gallery of photos of your work. :)

Kim @ Party Frosting! said...

Glad you restarted! Can't wait to see what you share!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

Sabrina said...

It is SO exciting to watch your company take off! I love seeing all of the wonderful new things you do. :)

kristina proffitt said...

Testing 123! :-D Hi Lisa! We should get in touch soon and talk about a blog makeover and of course, cookies! Heehee! Hugs!

Kayla said...

Can't wait to get our Elmo cookies Thursday!!
Congrats on all your accomplishments! I found you from TomKat

Cupcakes and Lemonade said...

Congratulations on starting your blog back up! LOve reading your posts and can't wait to have another party so I can order some of your gorgeous cookies! We are hosting an Easter party for my daughters pre-school friends and I am definitely going to call you about some cute little cookies!!